It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 7, 2015

For Real

I pretty much watch PBS if I am watching TV.  I have never sent in a contribution and feel guilty for that during every fundraiser. My favorite shows: Rick Steves, Finding Your Roots, America's Test Kitchen, and of course, Call the Midwife. Do you watch anything on public television?

Jo does this thing call "Pee Kisses". Meaning that she kisses me while I go pee. If you don't have kids,  you don't understand that going to the bathroom alone is not a thing. I think it has something to do with being at her eye-level and being unable to leave.

This week I am cleaning out the attic for a garage sale friends are hosting for our adoption. This involves getting rid of all maternity clothes and baby things. We have had three pregnancies in 12 years...and have two children biologically...that may just be it.  God is giving us 2 older children (totally out of birth order). I know He has plans for our family and all that stuff...I know. I know. I know.  BUT packing up this baby stuff is processing the loss of an expectation that I had (and I didn't realize that I had.) It is a bit more emotion to handle when I am already emotional.

Finally found ourselves online as the same time as our girls in Eastern Europe. It literally makes my heart ache to be "chatting" with them. GAG! I can't stand feeling this way. I just want them HOME!

Along the same lines...I know you all are sick and tired of us fundraising and talking about adoption. I really don't want to want be asking for help and money but I REALLY want to get my daughters out of their war-torn country and home. Please put up with me for a just a few more months. (And if you happen to win the lottery, please just pay the adoption expenses so I will shut up already!)


I finally just bought news pants that were a size bigger. Between teaching, working, and life I am just not in a season of life that will allow for weight loss. So now you will see me wearing something other than yoga pants.

I miss my sister and wish she didn't live so far away with my only brother-in-law and my only nephew. Why didn't I appreciate her and the years we actually lived together??? (Oh yeah,  I remember now. She was annoying then and my nephew didn't exist. Oh great....Now I am annoyed with her for being annoying and wasting that time. Way to go, Karen!)

We rearranged furniture in preparation for bringing home our new daughters. Underneath it was disgusting. DISGUSTING. Do my children seriously not have any idea where trash cans are located and how to use them? I must add that to next week's lesson plans.


My favorite restaurant was sold to new owners. If they change the fries or stop offering vanilla coke, I will seriously grieve. Seriously.

Attending a baby shower for friends today. They used to be kids we taught in Sunday School, took on youth trips, and coached in soccer...now they are married and have a baby. Turns out they grew up and become wonderfully responsible adults. How can this possibly be?!?!? (If they are grown up, I must be a grown up!)


What is something For Real about your life? 







No comments:

Post a Comment