It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fundraising Update

We get asked at least once a day, "How is fundraising going?"

We are about 1/3 of the way!!!

 It has been suggested that instead of looking at the whole amount we owe, we should instead set smaller goals. In the next month, we will be writing a check to our placement agency for $9800 so that is our next "small" goal. (I don't know about you,  but $9800 doesn't seem like that "small" of a goal to me!)

Did you know that I took a part time job trying to pay for this adoption? I start off my day by cooking breakfast...at McDonalds! I open every weekday and work the grill. Crawling out of bed around 3:30am is well...not fun. I rush home at 8am so Michael can walk to work and I can start teaching school.

Ummm, notice how dark it is? I am waiting in my car for the other employees to arrive. I still miss sunrise every morning but now it is because I am inside the back of the building with no windows. Remember back in August when I participated in the Rise and Shine Challenge? The irony of participating in an early morning challenge (that was still hours later than I get up now) is not lost on me. LOL! 


So here is what we currently have in the works:


1. Amazon Link. 

By simply clicking on this link when you purchase from Amazon, they donate 4-7% of your total purchase to us. It doesn't even cost you (or me!) anything.  You can click on this to shop directly from here. You can also cut and paste it to your facebook status to share it.  tinyurl.com/RobeyAmazon







2. Electronic Recycling. 

We are still collecting ink & toner cartridges, old cell phones, old tablets, and old mp3 players for recycling. You can pass the items directly onto us or you can host a collection point. For example, we have friends who have set out a basket at their church to collect
these items for us.









3. Garage Sale

A friend is hosting a HUGE Indoor Garage Sale for us in Mattoon. Over a dozen families have donated items! If you are local would you help us by not only shopping at the sale but also sharing about the sale? Please join the Facebook Event and invite your friends!











4. Online Auction

We are currently collecting items for an online auction. Maybe you have a business or hobby that you can donate items, a service, or a gift certificate? Maybe you have some gently used items such as a collectible (think Precious moments, Longaberger baskets, Harley Davidson). Maybe you have a piece of jewelry or something like a bike that you don't use anymore...it may be a treasure to someone else!





You may always make a direction donation







Thank you so much for helping us bring our girls home. 
(It is so uncomfortable to ask! 
But it is even more uncomfortable to not have them home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment