It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, March 2, 2015

Adoption Updates...sort of



I don't post a lot of adoption updates because there are not a lot of them. :(

In some ways this is very much like pregnancy: you wait for an ultrasound appointment and then you know something. But then you still have to wait a long time and don't really know when your child will make her arrival!

Instead of ultrasounds and blood work, we have paperwork and fingerprinting (like 3 times, geesh!). We wait for a piece of paper, receive it, hurry up to get it signed/notarized/apostilled/ect, overnight mail it to the next place, and then wait again. We do this over and over.

We are still hoping to travel for our first of three trips in early summer. Yes, three trips and we don't "get" our girls until the beginning of the third one.

The first trip should be a quick one that will hopefully involve seeing the girls and their school. (Did I ever tell you that they don't use the word "orphanage" but rather use the word "school"?) 

Having to take three trips is one of the reasons adoption is so expensive: that is three times that Michael and I have to fly internationally roundtrip. One thing I won't complain about though is that on the way home we get to buy two more tickets!!!! We obviously don't know when we are flying so we can't buy the tickets far in advance. This is just one of the many things that drive planners like Michael and I crazy!

So for now, we are still waiting without any dates. It isn't that we aren't telling, it is that we seriously do not know and "early summer" is our best guess. We have some big bills we have to pay before our first trip so we are fundraising like crazy.

How is fundraising going?
I am still working at McDonald's and have added a cleaning job. (I get to see my kids as their teacher all day but I miss my husband!) Soccer is starting which means that I am once again going to run the concession stand as an adoption fundraiser. We are also selling soccer t-shirts and hoodies as a fundraiser. (https://www.booster.com/arcolarec) Please continue to use our amazon link when you shop. (tinyurl.com/RobeyAmazon) The biggest fundraiser we are working on now is our Online Auction. I am adding items daily with a little bit of something for everyone. If you haven't already, please like the page so you can receive item previews and be prepared to bid. (www.facebook.com/RobeyAuction).



So that was an update on the adoption...sort of.

I guess it isn't fair to call it an update if there isn't any new information but you keep asking...

and I think you think I am just being evasive.

Unfortunately, I'm not. :(

Thank you for asking about the process, praying for us, and your financial support.
This sounds so cliche but it really does mean more than you'll ever know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment