It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

For Real

I noticed this morning that I had a chip in my front tooth. I think that I know when it happened but it didn't hurt. Now I am self-conscious and pretty sure it hurts. (Pretty sure because possibly it is all my head, well....I know it is literally in my head but you know what I mean.)

Jo asked me, "Do you really know how to read? Sometimes I think you don't." I know that between working and stress that I am not functioning at 100% but I am pretty sure I know how to read ALL of the time.

Speaking of not functioning well...I have always been a list maker but now it is an absolute necessity. If it is not written down, I will probably forget it. (What in the world has happened to my brain??? And I just read that sentence so I am pretty sure I can still read...now I am self-conscious about my tooth and possible loss of reading ability.)

Today I got sidetracked on the Internet and ended up here: http://prettyprovidence.com/style-for-a-song-diy-mint-jeans/  It is a blog post about making your own skinny jeans and dying them. I am never going to do that. NEVER. Why in the world did I end up there or did I spend my time reading the whole thing. I was like, "Hmmm, maybe." Maybe? I don't know how to sew!

This week is Sweet Girl's and R Boy's birthday. In another world I was the person who made their birthday cakes and lit the candles. It is strange to be someone's mom but not to be it anymore. I love those kids and am (often tearfully) thinking of them this week.

I have eaten quarter of a pan of brownies and half a loaf of banana bread since Sunday. Nan keeps baking...I keep eating. I think I need to ground her from the mixer.

No one else in my house likes olives or tomatoes. Why is this and how did it happen?

My BFF is going on vacation without me. What am I going to do without her for all that time? I will feel bad interrupting her vacation with emails asking questions too ridiculous to ask my  husband. (But I will probably still do it.) 

My favorite candle is the one wooden wick one that smells like a Christmas tree. I think they should make them year round.

Nan accidentally traps her dog in her room. This has led to a few accidents. Consequently Nan's room smells like a zoo building. You can smell it as you walk up the stairs. We have spent the week trying to get the smell out of the carpet. I think we are just tearing it out and since there is no $ for carpet, I am trying to mentally prepare myself for just leaving it like that. (Anyone have a super duper smell remover trick?) 

I just got up and cut off another piece of brownie to eat. Anyone else eat brownies like that? Just cut yourself a little piece and then another and then another but never actually take a whole brownie?

I cleaned out my purse yesterday and found two full-size trash bags, a notepad, two big swirly lollipops, two pairs of socks (one Jo's and one mine), and 4 permanent markers...just to name a few items. Even I can't remember how some of those things got in there. (Wait, you won't find that hard to believe since there is a rumor going around that I can't even remember how to read.)

What is something For Real about you today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment