It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fundraising Update: Garage Sale



My friend, Bethany of Whatsoever Ye Do, hosted a Garage Sale Fundraiser for our adoption fund. Over 2 dozen families donated items. Many friends helped set up, work the sale, and clean up after. Friday and Saturday for me were filled with hugs, catching up, sharing our story, and introducing people to our girls (through pictures).

During the set up, Bethany gathered everyone and asked, "Please introduce yourself and tell how you know Laura." I am crying just remembering the day being filled with people who love me and my family. I said that it felt almost like a baby shower for my girls! This event is certainly is going to be a page in their memory books. I know they can't comprehend yet but one day, they will know how loved they were even before they were officially "ours".

On the way home Friday night, Nancy said, "So many of those people drove like an hour just to see us, Mom." She is right, so many of you braved the weather and headed over to support us. I am not a hugger but I couldn't help myself. If you stood still long enough, I probably hugged you that night!




From this: 

To this in just a few hours

Just one group of Nan's friends helping out. Children, Teens, and Adults all worked together at this event. It was so cool! 

eight inches of snow fell Friday night, so I pulled up to the site to see Bethany shoveling. She literally did a little bit of everything to make this sale work. 


People shopping. 
One of things that always happens at an adoption fundraiser is that adoptive families show up. Even though I am sure most of them are still paying off their own adoptions, they arrive to offer support and make donations. Like I said, it always happens and it is always the best feeling. Looking forward to the day that I get to "Pay it Forward" and help bring kids home to their forever families!



GRAND TOTAL RAISED: 
$2400!!!!



Thank you Bethany and every single person who donated, helped, or shopped. 

We are so blessed! 

If you were not able to attend the garage sale but would like to support us financially you can donate by clicking HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment