It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, April 24, 2015

both sides of the ocean




I have been feebly studying out of this book. 

Is it even possible to learn a foreign language from a book??? 

Ugh! 

As I was working on the alphabet, I thought of a friend request I had received on Facebook that I wondered about (but couldn't read because it was in Russian). I looked up all the letters with corresponding sounds...and it was this person called Robey Michelle! 

That is one of the names our oldest (N1) was considering for her "American name"...well, not in that order but we can talk about that in the future...anyway...it made this mama's heart happy. 

It has been 7 months since we started this journey and I worried that N1 and N2 were giving up on us. This was just an affirmation that they are, like us, anticipating and dreaming of our future together. 

They know we are coming. 

Although I won't be proficient in Russian by June (yes, June!) when we plan on making our first trip, I am studying up on their language and their country. (It is not Russia by the way....Americans cannot adopt from Russia.) There is certainly preparation and anticipation about this adoption on both sides of the ocean! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that makes my heart happy! So glad you were able to touch base and know that both of you continue to long for your family to be together, and also love that you are making the effort for your girls!

    ReplyDelete