It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 4, 2015

For Real




For Real I am having a really difficult few days. 

All the normal life stuff seems heavy. 

All the adoption stuff seems oppressive. 



I spent the past week delivering auction items.

Over and over again I shared our story.

Over and over I told of God's faithfulness and provision...to the very people He was using to provide for our needs.

Over and over I heard the words that were coming out of my own mouth but still my heart is reluctant to fully believe those things.

I sit here crying once again, aching for this part of the journey to be over.

I know that there is a greater purpose for each delay, each impediment, and each bump in the road.

At this moment I don't want to believe that though. I want to cry. I want to scream. I want to crawl back into bed and sleep until it is over.

I am weary of this sojourn.

For Real: I need you to pray for me.



Picking up N2 from the airport in December. I want to be in the airport with these two right now!


In a few years will you remind me of this? 

Will you remind me how low I felt and how He proved faithful? 

Will you tell my daughters this part of their story over and over again? 


Jesus replied,
"What is impossible with man
is possible with God."
Luke 18:27 

1 comment:

  1. (hug) and prayers. I have neglected praying for you lately, and am now resuming. I DO understand--the waiting is SO hard! But the Lord is there in the wait, as well.

    ReplyDelete