It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, April 13, 2015

Random Updates

I have not been very good about keeping this blog updated about our day to day life...some days are just busy and some days I just am not chatty. Here is a glimpse into April so far....

We took a field trip the Champaign Urbana Symphony. Nan was all smiles sitting in the row in front of us with her friends.Nan and I have been to the Chicago Symphony for a regular show. This one was for kids, so Nan enjoyed it more. It was SO GOOD! They explained each piece of music, each instrument, and were very interactive. 


Jo had to sit next to her mom...and her friend got seated in the next row all the way at the other end. She managed to work up a few 'real' tears about this issue. She is a master manipulator....you have been warned. 

Nan spent a beautiful afternoon at the local nature center studying weather. We are so blessed to be able to take many field trips, lessons, and classes. There are so many wonderful people out there with so much information to share. Certainly one of the best parts of homeschooling.  

The adoption auction went really well. I will post about it more later. One of the things that was auctioned off was a Hunger Games DVD and a loaf of homemade bread. I made it before I went to work and let is rise...when I got home at 8am...it had rose too much. So I had to start again....please notice the plies of stuff on my counter behind this. Yeah, my house looks like that. Please note that I completely lost it like a crazy person about this stupid loaf of bread. I literally wept. It was the straw that broke the camel's back that day...yeah, that is part of this adoption process too. 


This is pork loin covered in bacon and smoked all afternoon. Friends brought it over for supper one night last week. Yes, they know food is my love language. Yes, they knew it had been a bad day. Yes, they are that awesome. No, I will not tell you who they are in case you try to steal them by being less-needy friends than we are.



This special lady works at our insurance office. We had like zero interaction before we started this adoption process but now we LOVE her! She has notarized every form for us all the while offering encouraging words. She has become a part of the network of people bringing our girls home so she is forever part of our story. She is notarizing the very last piece of paper we need for our dossier! 

Hopefully the last time I drive to Springfield to have papers apostilled. See that seal and this cover paper? That is apostilled. Meaning they looked up our notary (that wonderful lady!!!) to see that she was really a notary so a foreign government would know these are all legit. LOTS of annoying things about adopting in the state of Illinois but this is actually one good thing. The people in the office are friendly and it only costs $2 a page. (Some states are like $50 a page.) 


We have been blessed by so many donations from the auction. This generous check from my Aunt with the sweet memo made me tear up!  


I have updates about fundraisers, soccer pictures, and Easter stuff...hopefully I will get some of that posted. In the meantime. We are still alive...and functioning. Apparently I posted a For Real and then like nothing else for a while so I had some of you scared that I was hiding in a dark room, rocking back and forth. Nope, not yet...that will come after the girls are home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment