It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, May 25, 2015

For Real

For Real...


I am weepy like a pregnant lady. I am always like this on fundraiser event weekends. Seriously, I cannot hardly stand how much love and appreciation I feel for everyone who takes part in helping us bring our girls home. Don't hug me too much, try to have a serious conversation or even make too much eye contact...I will cry.


We had our traditional End-of-Season soccer party at our house on Saturday night. There are over 20 girls on the team only 2 said they would not be there. Only about 10 showed up...people who signed up to bring part of the meal didn't even show. I am embarrassed how annoyed and even angry this made me.


On the same topic, it is the first time in 8 seasons that I have asked people to contribute to the party. So many families went above and beyond, so I felt so appreciative. (One mom even made one of our favorites: scotcharoos ...or special K bars...what does your family call them?) The girls didn't even notice the missing parts...they just had fun. I know that I need to be more chill.


Jo has a little sore in the very middle of her back. It looks like a cigarette burn...none of us smoke or abuse her...I swear.  We asked her about it. She said, "A thingy went uga." Yeah, we may never know. I have a fear that she will break her arm or something so we end up in the ER before it heals. We will have social workers questioning us.


Nancy might possibly be part of a small gang. They do an extreme amount of walking around town and eating/hanging out at DQ. I am trying to remember being in Junior High but I still am concerned that other parents are judging me for this.


Whenever these girls come to our house, I make them help me with stuff and run errands.  I am pretty sure, they will grow up and tell stories about me.  I can't tell if they feel sorry for Nancy or love feeling needed. I am going to assume the later and keep working them.


I hate telling everyone, every where, all the time about our adoption story.


I love telling everyone, every where, all the time about our adoption story.


I finally gave up. Since none of my shorts and capris fit. I put them all (okay but two with elastic waists) in the garage sale. It made me sick to have to buy 2 new pairs. (I bought three and have to return one because although they are all the same brand and size for some reason one of the colors is made out of a slightly different material that doesn't fit right. So much for finding a pair that fits great and buying one in each color!) It didn't make me sick because I gained weight and couldn't fit in my pants, although it probably should have. It made me sick to spend the money.


AHHH, that soccer party! The party is over. Who cares? Why am I still overthinking this????


Sour Cream must be something I fear running out of. We have 5 of them currently in the fridge.


What is something For Real about you? 


1 comment:

  1. LOL I would still be super-annoyed about the soccer party too. HOW RUDE!!!!!

    And I TOTALLY get the love/hate relationship in sharing adoption stories. :)

    ReplyDelete