It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, July 17, 2015

For Real




For Real: everything I feel about adoption right now can be summed up in this meme.

I'm tired of waiting.
I'm tired of telling all four of my daughters to wait.
I'm tired of asking people for money (AKA fundraising).

I just want to go back to being a "normal" family, who just takes care of our own little selves and doesn't do anything interesting enough that people want to ask questions.



Also today I picked up Nancy from a week of camp, Michael arrived home from a business trip, and Jo, the dog, and I are home from spending time at my Grandma's house. There is a lot of unpacking and laundry to do. For Real: I put on Dave Matthews and made myself a margarita before I tackled any of it.



I really am not a big fan of our dog. Traveling with her only reinforces this. I am not a dog person.



I haven't washed the windows on my house in 4 years. Today I spent time chatting with some people in their 80's who wash their windows every week even though they can barely walk or see. Although I admire their clean windows and their gumption, I am not inspired to wash my windows. (But now I notice my dirty windows...and feel a little like I should do something.) 



This past week I spent time with two people who contradicted everything I said. If my husband or sister had been there, it would have been hilarious. Since I was alone with these two people, it was exhausting and not in the least bit funny.


Although I haven't camped once since November, I really think I should own a camper or an RV. I have nothing legitimate to back up that thought; I don't have any money to purchase one... or even a hitch to use one...or time to camp...yeah, I am not exaggerating when I say I have nothing to necessitate me getting a camper or even wanting one. A boat would also be fun...


Jo is grounded for the first time. (She is grounded from markers after writing all over herself in the van on the ride home today. Yeah, I was one foot away from her and didn't notice until she pointed it out to us.) Jo thinks this is awesome. This is a punishment that has totally backfired. She immediately told her sister, "This means I am big! Not big enough to adopt a kid but big enough to get grounded." I neither understand her pride nor her adoption implication.


What is something For Real about you? 

(and it would totally make my day if you found a meme to describe your For Real too!) 



2 comments:

  1. I don't have a meme to share but I felt the same about childhood cancer as you do about adoption. Being normal and boring rocks.
    Just pretend the dog is a large cat.
    Maybe you should hang out with me instead of those poopy people you were with.
    I want a boat too.
    And a hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hug) Sorry, you'll never be normal again. (Being normal is boring anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete