It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, September 4, 2015

For Real



We are only home one week in between trips. For some reason, I feel like that was not enough time to go buy groceries. I may not provide my growing children with any fresh fruits for veggies this whole week. (Update: Don't worry my BFF brought me some, so my children have some nutrients.)


Soccer has started. As usual, I meet this with mixed emotions. (Please note that I already have too many emotions happening.) My child is the one who laid down in the middle of the field and refused to move for the first 20 minutes of practice. AGAIN.



I'm not sure that I am capable of making decisions this week. Seriously.
(So don't ask me anything unless it is really important.) 



Found some stuff that we didn't buy on our credit card bill. ("The $500 purchase on June 15th was for a gun scope for a...." Yeah, I just interrupted the guy from the credit card company there to let him know for sure we did not buy a gun scope since we don't even own A gun.) It is not like we needed the card to buy things like say...airline tickets or anything. So this week has extra phone calls and paperwork...and changing out automatic bill pay stuff. GAG.


Did that make anyone else think of this quote????




I feel like my life has been both over the top crazy AND nothing planned boring for months now.  How can it be both these things? I just want a plan and a routine!



Found out that chewing gum is like the best thing that has ever happened to JoJo. I should have bought her a pack a gum years ago.



Nancy's idea of  neat and organized and my idea of neat and organized are not the same thing.



A crazy person has entered my life and I am trying to free myself without too much drama. Do you know what I mean? When you make a new friend but then slowly figure out...yes, yes, indeed, crazy, CRAZY, CraZy is spewing out of them and getting all over you?


Wait, do you any of you think that about me?!?! I feel crazy. People keep saying to us that adopting teens is crazy? Am I someone's crazy person they are trying to avoid?!?!



We had our last weekly Family Night as a family of 4. As wonderful and exciting as it is to welcome two new family members, it is still the end of the family we currently have. I don't have a word to describe the feeling. (Yes, I know, I am usually not at a loss for words.)




Today my "To Do" List had shower on it twice. (If you have to put shower on your To Do List....If you accidentally put it on there twice....)




What is something For Real about you? 





No comments:

Post a Comment