It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

JoJo's Soccer Season 2015


JoJo was so excited to play soccer. She would ask, "Is it Tuesday?!?!" Then she would dress at 6am in her complete soccer outfit even though practice was 11 1/2 hours away. She would tell everyone we saw, "Today is Tuesday. It is soccer day!"

We would get to soccer practice early to set up the fields. She would be excited!

Other children would start to arrive. Practice would officially begin.

Then the saddest thing would happen....her legs would stop working.

She simply could not do anything other than lay on her ball in the middle of the field while everyone had to play around her. Sometimes there would be tears.

I actually had two moms try to comfort me, telling me that their children did this the first time too. That was sweet of them but this was not Jo's first season....and she does this with most things.

I wasn't concerned. I was annoyed.

This year, I ignored her. I refused to participate in her drama.

Sometimes her Dad would. Sometimes he wouldn't.

By the middle of the season, she was participating in over half the practice/scrimmage.


At the end, she did the whole thing.

Pretty much, like the rest of Jo's life: She is slow to transition.

If you ask her, I think she will say she had fun.

She wants to play again...and she is already talking about T-ball.


I.

Can't.

Even.





This season wasn't so different than other seasons in that JoJo didn't play the first games because her legs didn't work and she was tired. She is too comfortable with the coaches (her Dad and her friend, Chloe, both pictured here having a "moment" with JoJo).  
Her team. 

Her shoe getting tied (this happens a lot) 

Interesting to see myself in the pictures! This year, Stacey took over photos. Let's not judge that I am reading instead of watching my child. We arrived at least a half hour early for each practice. Plus they only ran drills for the first half and then scrimmaged. I watched the scrimmage. 

Barbie Water Bottle. It is important. 

You can't miss her in all the pink with the pink ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment