It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Beautiful Night...

I snuck away to my hometown for a few hours last night. The last time I had been there was between trips to Ukraine for a funeral. Last night was just as emotional but this time in a happy way!





First I attended a Farewell Party for my "nephew". He is leaving for an out-of-state college in a few days. I was surrounded by his large blended family that I am blessed somehow includes me! I remember picking this sweetheart up from preschool and here we are hugging him good bye as he leaves for college! While I was there I was able to hold a beautiful baby girl...who is the second daughter of our "niece".  Both "kids" have grown up to be beautiful adults - inside and out!

Speaking of being beautiful inside and out, I left the Farewell Party to attend a Housewarming party for Racheal. She just moved out into her own place. It was so fun to take a tour and hear her plans.


At both places I was able to hear the parents pray over their children. I am teary-eyed just thinking about it. There are few words more beautiful than a parent praising God for a child and asking prayer for their next steps.

I am so thankful for these "children" who are now entertaining adulthood. They are amazing people and I can't wait to see what the future brings for them!

And selfishly I am thankful that I get to watch this process unfold before I have to walk this same path.  Thank God for friends family with older kids!


But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.   2 Timothy 3:14-15 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment