It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

For Real



On an already emotional day, we sat two rows behind, Sweet Girl, a former foster daughter. She didn't recognize us even and she shouldn't (she was was only two when she left our home) but I knew it was her even before I saw her mom. She is still beautiful and obviously well-loved. You guys, there are no easy emotions for something like that and hours later I am still processing.


On that topic...Anyone who says, "I can't foster because I would get too attached and could never say good-bye." makes me crazy. Stop talking! (Seriously, saying that is rude because it implies I am heartless and can easily say good-bye.)  Fostering is NOT about you and yes it is full of emotions that are hard to process but that is life.  (I will step off my soap box now.) 


My Monday can be summed up in two words: Head Lice


We have eaten more hot dogs in the past 3 months than we have in the past 3 years. 


Last night Stacey read our Christmas book  to us all by herself. It was the Little Drummer Boy illustrated by Jack Ezra Keats. Today she heard it on the radio and was so excited to point it out. Sometimes I feel like there isn't enough education in our day, that life is getting in the way, and the girls are just never going to "get it". Then there are moments like this in which I know she is now not just sounding out words but comprehending what they are saying. 


I bought new dresses for our court date. It feels great to wear a new dress! 


I want my Christmas tree to be on ALL of the time that I am awake. My husband has it set on a timer.


Michael and Nancy used to make fun of me for crying at movies. Michelle and Stacey don't just cry at movies, they weep. We watched Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors tv movie last week and they almost used up an entire box of kleenex. I didn't cry and now they make fun of Stacey and Michelle. It is a fun change! 


I don't like soda from Coke Freestyle machines.


Without knowing it, my newest daughters are an almost constant reminder to take the opportunity to give of your self and your money to others. Giving both of these things is a luxury not afforded to everyone. The joy they have in now being able to give is one of the most beautiful and purest things I have ever seen. It's humbling.


Nancy played several songs beautifully in her Christmas piano recital. I am so proud of her for practicing as often as she does (way more than I require of her). I can't play any instrument and do not even know how to read music and may be a teeny tiny bit jealous of her.

What's something For Real about you? 





2 comments:

  1. Great post. I love that the girls GET giving and generosity. Hot dogs made me laugh. And I'm sorry for the bittersweet emotions of seeing Sweet Girl--your combined heartache along with joy that she is loved and secure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my friend! How I love your posts! Well, some of the parts stink, but I love your real-ness in them! I just read this, this morning. I love your love for your girls, the past ones and the current ones! I love your homeschooling heart and your honesty about what it looks like with your girls. (Be ready! I'm sure I will be contacting you in the next year or so to remind me to just love and live with my girls!)
    My FOR REAL...
    All 3 of my girls here are coughing! ARGH! sick of coughing!

    I am "ready" for Christmas, with one gift to wrap and some gift cards to deal with, but otherwise ready. I stressed less than ever, this year, with Christmas prep, gift buying, card sending (I did them, but didn't panic over them!), etc. It doesn't "feel" like Christmas. I mean, we are focusing on Jesus and the Reason, but it just doesn't "feel" like Christmas. Maybe because the things that were important a year ago aren't this year! What's important is getting our girl HOME!
    Adoption wise...huge day yesterday! We got our Hague and travel packets from Madison!
    AND...our dossier is logged in, in China! Halleljuah!
    Merry Christmas, my friend! And what a special Christmas it is for the Robey family!

    ReplyDelete