It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Tattle Tale Call





A Parenting milestone was reached today: 

One child called me to tell on another child. 


When Michael got home to eat lunch with us, I was telling him that I got my first every Sibling-Tattle-Call. He sits quietly thinking for a minute and this stresses the girls out. (Which I am totally fine with because after all I was sort of tattling on them.) 

Then he asks, "So why did Karen call again?"

I am totally confused as are the kids. It takes a second for me to understand what he means. I was like, "Ummmm...not MY sister. YOUR kids called ME to tattle."



"Really?" He asks incredulously, "They couldn't just work it out?"


At this point in the story, you all realize that, of course,  Michael is an only child because how else could he not understand this concept.



Were you the tattle tale in your family or was it your sibling? 


No comments:

Post a Comment