It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

For Real





For Real...my child is the one who made me chase her to pick her up from preschool. Yeah, in front of the teachers and other students... All while she told me, "...you can't make me."


For Real...one of my daughters asked me what "Bl*w J*b" is this week...at dinner...in front of the whole family. My husband literally covered his eyes and shook his head for about 30 seconds. After dismissing the youngest member of the family, we ended up having a very good discussion.


In other news it was interesting to see how each of our older children handle the sensitive topics like that. One who laughs, one who pretends she isn't listening, and one who hangs on to every word. Two of the girls turned a delightful shade of red.


For Real...My husband and I haven't had a night alone or even an extended time alone in a looooong time....we scheduled one. But we have to wait to June. I miss him!


For Real...my stomach digests food VERY loudly. It possibly speaks whale.


For Real...Sometimes I really love Aaron Sorkin and sometimes I really resent him. How can there only be three seasons of Newsroom???? Michael won't let us watch West Wing anymore and I'm afraid he will eventually feel the same way about this show.


For Real...I find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning because my cat is extremely cuddly and purring at that time of day. I honestly feel like this is a legitimate excuse to hit the snooze button.


For Real...I may have killed my cactus.


For Real...A second child has started to become car sick. This one talks to me while she is throwing up so she can both explain what is happening to her and blame me. It is just as revolting as it sounds.


For Real...Michael has a gray University of Illinois sweatshirt. I want it to be my gray University of Illinois sweatshirt.


For Real...We still have not had our family Easter Egg hunt even though the eggs are stuffed and ready (since BEFORE Easter).


For Real...My librarian called me to chat while we were in Michigan. This seemed normal to me because I talk to the library staff the most of all the people in my town. Seriously, I love and appreciate these ladies and my goal is to be one of them one day. My husband may tease me about this.


For Real....my deep freeze needs to be defrosted so I am trying to eat up most of the food. We are eating the strangest combination of foods and we have discovered that we have a large stock pile of frozen mixed vegetables.


What is something For Real about you? 






1 comment:

  1. I was a major B the other day at a field trip. I was supposed to bring cash so we could all pay together as a group. I had plenty of forewarning to complete getting cash, but failed to do so. The lady at the organization was talking to another in my group about how she preferred to have it all at once, but she would open the register to accept my debit card. Instead of saying thank you, I was snarky and said I was the trouble maker, it was my fault, slap me on the wrist if you need to. Then, I came home to tell my husband how people were getting on my nerves today and my response in that situation, and his response was not supportive of me. He let me know I was not being nice. I sulked for several minutes after his response, but appreciated on being called out on my crappy behavior. I certainly was not being a good role model for my children who I often tell the most important thing to be is nice. :(

    ReplyDelete