It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, May 27, 2016

For Real




I've said this before and I will probably still be saying it in 50 years (or 50 lbs whatever comes first), I handle stress by zoning out on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram while I eat sugar and drink caffeine. Needless to say, I have been consuming sugar and caffeine while I waste time online a lot recently.


I got stabbed by a child with a pencil while teaching Sunday School this week. Seriously. I think that I handled it okay and eventually it all worked out but SERIOUSLY?!?



I introduced my oldest three to Hallmark Hall of Fame movies. No not, Hallmark channel movies but the ones they used to show on tv. You know the kind where the commercials make you cry? Yeah, there are not commercials so the girls will never fully understand the angst. Seriously though, these have been leading to some really good conversations. (and a very large amount of kleenex usage)


JoJo graduated preschool this past week. The teacher's passed out these little packages of kleenex with the most adorable poem attached. Some parents cried. I was not one of them. I think the shock of having to be her full-time teacher next year is taking precedence over the fact that she is growing up and going to Kindergarten. Sigh. She is a lot of work.


God has given me the children with the most vomit. Seriously. Did I already tell you that Jo has taken to carsickness? Nadia is also VERY prone to carsickness. Stacey gets sick with medical stuff, nerves, and pain. So poor Stacey has been seeing her food again a lot recently. The smell of vomit for some reason lingers endlessly and chases me around.


I have no coordination. I have no interest in participating in sports. I have terrible memories of PE and other forced sporting activities. (A kickball game is never a reward. A Field Day is hell not a picnic.) My children enjoy sports. This week I was almost injured on more than one occasion at T-ball practice. Partially because I was reading and not paying attention but nonetheless....it was like I was an uneasy, uncoordinated child again.


The day that I had 22 tons of sand delivered to our "beach" I was euphoric. (All that sand! It felt like summer! All the fun we are going to have!) Worked alongside Michelle for a long time moving it. That day was three days...the job is no where near done but I can't imagine moving any more until my body stops screaming at me and my blisters heal. I am an out of shape wimp. That really doesn't bother me.


I complained about my Mom (sorry, Mom) to a friend who has lost her Mom. I'm am a thoughtless idiot. (Sorry, friend)


We are starting a remodel project at our house. This energizes my husband. This terrifies me.


I ordered my own birthday pies and then emailed my husband the directions to pick them up. I would rather do it myself and get exactly what I want. I know this bothers him but I still do it. After almost 16 years of marriage we are still trying to figure out how to balance some expectations.


It doesn't matter how old your kids are, you still want to use electronics as a babysitter.




What is something For Real about your life? 


1 comment: