It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Letter 2016 - Michael

Michael 

Michael wrote his own Christmas letter update! 


Cruise
We kicked off 2016 with a trip to celebrate the adoption and introduce the oldest two to our “Disney” family. We stopped by Walt Disney World for a few days and then headed to Miami for a 5 night cruise on the Disney Magic. I had never been on a cruise before and loved every minute of it. 




Daddy/Daughter Dance
I got to take the girls to a Daddy/Daughter in February and we had a blast dancing, taking photos with all kinds of props and taking home an award. It was such a good memory and I loved getting dressed up and buying the girls all corsages and getting to dance with each of them. 




Soccer
I continue to coordinate the Arcola Rec Soccer program and enjoyed getting to coach all four of my daughters this past season. I also started serving as the President of the Arcola Rec Board this past fall and look forward to helping shape Arcola Rec sports for the future.




Cardinals
Every year I like to take my daughters on a date to a St. Louis Cardinals game. I loved going to games as a kid and wanted to give them a little part of my childhood back so we started this tradition. Popcorn in a batting helmet, Build-A-Bear, Dippin Dots in a mini helmet, batting cages, statue posing….we always have a blast. 




Illinois
I continue to work as a Graphic Designer for The Libman Company and really like my job. I love being part of a growing company and have a lot of pride in what we do. One of the perks I have enjoyed this past year is our continued partnership with the University of Illinois and getting to meet Josh Whitman (Athletic Director), Lovie Smith (Football coach), company tailgate at Illinois Football game and getting to check out some of my departments work sitting courtside at the Illini basketball games.



TBall
This past summer I got to coach Jojo and her Tball team. The kids were a blast and I enjoyed the time spent with Jojo. 



South Carolina
In case you did not know, our family loves to travel. We got to take a beach vacation trip   to Surfside Beach, South Carolina and had a very relaxing time renting a beach house with the Stewarts. It was another perfect trip and we look forward to our next beach vacation.



Chicago
Well this picture sums up two parts of my life. #1, we finally got all of our paperwork done for the adoption when Nadia was sworn in as a US citizen in Chicago. #2, whenever I am out and about with my 5 girls, I often gets looks (and comments) of how outnumbered I am. I love having four Daddy’s girls and getting to co-parent with my best friend Laura. 




Dog
Getting to surprise the girls with a puppy this year will be a memory I will never forget. It was one of those times as a Dad where I felt like I had scored a slam dunk. Now, there is no secret that the puppy also brings me great joy and I like having her around.     





No comments:

Post a Comment