It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Friday, December 9, 2016

The Annual Christmas Letter

Well, the Annual Family Christmas Letter included in Christmas cards just isn't going to happen. I shared about it over on my Instagram Account.





Speaking of Instagram, that is pretty much where I disappeared to social media-wise. A few months of this year involved a large scale remodel of our first floor. That meant our desktop computers were packed away, so I was using my phone to communicate. It was so much easier to type a quick sentence (or not even and instead just a hashtag) on post a pic using my phone.

Our Christmas cards are directing friends and family back to the blog to catch up on our life. When I printed those cards, I had not updated the blog in almost 6 months. Even then, I hadn't really been blogging and was barely posting anything (mainly Throw Back Thursdays TBT so not really updating).

I will try to blog more in the new year. Honestly, life is busy. Honestly, I'm not sure what to share. Honestly, now that I have three teenage daughters reading what I write, I am concerned about privacy...okay, I am really concerned about getting yelled at.

We have chatted about how we will attempt our Christmas Letter this year: month-by-month or person-by-person. Should I just write it all? Should I force have each person write their own update?

This weekend is busy (as are all December weekends, right?) with dances, parties, recitals, advent services, work, and well preparing and cleaning up from each of those events. So we will probably not worry about it until next week. That will also mean that I can leave the cards in the box and not worry about addressing them until next week.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and you can check back here next week for some sort of Christmas Letter/Life Update Extravaganza! (Try to relax and don't get too excited.) 


In the meantime, follow me on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/laurarobey/

No comments:

Post a Comment