It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What I Read in January

This year I have set a personal goal to read 75 books.

 In January I read these books: 




1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
2. Blackthorn Winter by Douglas Wilson  *School
3. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
4. Sarah Childress Polk by Susan Sinnott  *School




5. The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett  **January Book Club Book
7. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson










8. Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
9. Neither Here nor There: Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson
10. Guns by Stephen King




Book I most enjoyed this month:
Around the World in 80 Days

Book that still has me thinking about it: 
Everything is Illuminated

Book that I would discuss with my kids: 
Guns (which is really more of an essay) and obviously the ones we read for school together

Book that I will never read again: 
The Beautiful and Damned

Books that gave up on and didn't finish: 
None


Have you read any of these books? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! 


What did you read in January? 

Anything you would recommend? 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! And I love the goal! I finished reading (started in December) "Many Small Things" by Jodi Picoult and "Magnolia" by Chip and Hoanna Gaines. I need to read more.
    Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed and impressed at how much you read! Thanks for the inspiration! My reading right now is pretty much pre-reading Hayden's books for school, so that we can discuss them. Thus far in 2017, I've read "Evidence Not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose, "The U.S. Supreme Court" by Linda Greenhouse, "A Separate Peace" by John Knowles, "Black Like Me" by John Howard Griffin, some selections by Edgar Allan Poe, and "Selecting a President" by Eleanor Clift and Matthew Spieler. I'm currently reading "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck. Oh, and I also snuck in "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult.

    ReplyDelete