It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 2, 2017

What I Read in February

This year I have set a goal to read 75 books.

Click HERE to see what I read in January. 

In February I read these books:





  • Sense & Sensibility (The Austin Project #1) by Joanna Trollope
  • The Ship of Brides by JoJo Moyes
  • Susan Creek by Douglas Wilson  *School
  • The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli
  • Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult  **Book Club 2





  • Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck
  • The Girls with No Name: The Incredible True Story of a Child Raised by Monkeys by Mariana Chapman  **February Book Club
  • The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible by Scot McKnight
  • Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organs by Giulia Enders
  • Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner





  • Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life by Queen Noor Al-Hussein
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare  *School 
  • Slavemaster President: The Double Career of James Polk by William Duisinberre
  • The Pearl by John Steinbeck



Book I most enjoyed this month: Travels with Charley

Book(s) that still has me thinking about it: Travels with Charley and Leap of Faith and Gut and Small Great Things  (yeah, I know. I need to move on...but there were some really stretching words in these books!) 

Book that I would discuss with my kids: Gut

Book(s) that I will never read again: The Girl with No Name (and no I will not read the sequel) and Slavemaster President

Books that I gave up on and didn't finish: None

Books that I had previously read: The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Pearl (and sort of Sense & Sensibility because this was a modern "re-make")

Books that I will read again someday: Travels with Charley, Gut, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Blue Parakeet



I may have joined a second book club...okay, I did. Actually in March, I am reading three books as part of Book Clubs or Discussion Groups. That wasn't a plan it just happened...and it makes me happy! 


Have you read any of these books? 
I'd love to hear what you thought of them!

What did you read in February? 
Anything you would recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment