It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, May 1, 2017

What I Read in April

This year I have set a goal to read 75 books.

These are the books that I have read so far this year:
January
February
March

You can read my reviews and ratings of all the book on my goodreads account.




The One-In-A-Million Boy by Monica Wood
Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway
Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance  *Book Club 2
1984 by George Orwell  *Book Club 1
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari



Duel in the Wilderness by Karin Clafford Farley  *School



Uppity Women of Ancient Times by Vicki Leon
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Zip It by Karen Ehman *Online Book Group
If I Stay by Gale Foreman
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho



The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, 
Two Rabbits, and A Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall
A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline


Yankee Doodle Boy: A Young Soldier's Adventure in the American Revolution Told by Himself by Joseph Plumb Martin (Edited by George F. Scheer) *School




Book that I enjoyed most this month:
Brown Girl Dreaming

Book that still has me thinking about it:
Hillbilly Elegy and Brown Girl Dreaming. (I think everyone should read them close together!) 

Book that I would discuss with my kids:
Brown Girl Dreaming and of course, the school ones. 

Book that I will never read again:
1984 and Green Hills of Africa (Glad I read both but once was enough.) 

Book that I gave up on and didn't finish: 
Modern Romance

Book that I will read again someday:
Brown Girl Dreaming


Have you read any of these books?
What did you think? 


What did you read in April?
What do you recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment