It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start. -Mother Teresa

Monday, July 10, 2017

What I Read in June

I made a goal to read 75 books in 2017. This month I met my goal! So I am not going to read anymore books for the rest of the year.

Not really, I'm still reading. Actually this month I added Audible to my apps and so I listened and read two of these books: Beneath a Scarlet Sky and Black Beauty. That still counts right?

You can see what I have read so far this year by clicking HERE.




Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan (Book Club 2)
Andy Warhol was a Hoarder by Claudia Kalb
Once Upon a Summer by Jeanette Oke
A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Looking for Alaska by John Green



The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
Before the Fall by Noah Hawley (Book Club 1)
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell




The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis


If at Birth You Don't Succeed by Zach Anner
Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham




Book that I enjoyed most this month:
 Beneath a Scarlet Sky

Book that still has me thinking about it: 
Beneath a Scarlet Sky, Andy Warhol was a Hoarder, Lean In and The Great Divorce...yeah, I know my brain has too many tabs open. 

Book that I will discuss with my kids: 
The Great Divorce (Nan will read it for school this year along with 8 other of Lewis' books) and Talking As Fast As I Can (because the oldest three and I watched every single episode of Gilmore Girls together) and Lean In (Because every parent should discuss this stuff with their kids...not just because I have 4 daughters)

Book that I will never read again: 
Before the Fall and If At Birth You Don't Succeed

Book that I gave up on and never finished: 
none but I seriously contemplated If At Birth You Don't Succeed

Book that I have previously read: 
Once Upon A Summer (and it inspired me to dig out all of my Jeanette Oke books from a box in the attic. Turns out I already owned a copy...actually I own the whole series in a box set. So they are now out on book shelves which means I had to buy another book shelf. You may be a book hoarder if....) 

Book that I will read again someday: 
The Great Divorce, Black Beauty, Lean In, and possibly Beneath a Scarlet Sky 


Have you read any of these books? 
What did you think about them? 

What did you read in June? 
Anything you would recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment